Nov 15, 2023

The difficult responsibility!

Out of all the responsibilities I handle, the responsibilities towards bringing up the next generation is the most difficult I feel. We all handle diverse responsibilities hence it cannot be generically said if this is applicable to everyone. As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely true that nurturing kids is the most difficult one that I feel.

The highest challenge is especially when I cannot answer them with facts; rather when they ask questions that cannot be answered with facts. The collective wisdom of this generation of kids helps in framing up deeper questions!

As I say it, nurturing kids is also the most beautiful thing which makes me feel accomplished a lot of times and frustrated a few times too. Everything has two sides; it's just about what we want to see, which side we want to hang onto in our thoughts.

Such a key responsibility cannot be handled alone. Society and people around play a huge role, including the family, friends, neighbors, school, teachers, maids and everyone involved. Of all these, at least in the circumstances I'm in, I observe that kids have huge influence of their maid. They are friends with her. They consider her as a family member; according to them, we are five people in our family, including her. 

While they are lucky to have got her, I too feel blessed a lot of times. The discipline with which she handles things out is unmatchable at least to me! The way I'm damn involved in the job that I do, she is a totally involved woman in her job. And that makes her achieve a special place in kids' hearts. So much that at times they wake up suddenly at night asking for her. 

I realize that she is good at what she does and that makes me good at what I do, eventually. This fact cannot be denied. There is no regret about not being available to kids all the times. I have never developed that thinking in my entire parenthood journey. I have accepted the fact that I will be away from kids at times; that might make me miss out on some important moments, but no regrets. No point regretting when you are doing what you need to do.

No comments: