Sep 13, 2011

That’s it with the US Open’11…

I’ve just watched the US Open 2011 Men’s singles final between the two top seeds, two top ranker players, from the first point to the championship point.

I strongly believe that I’ll remember this match for long, the only of such after the 2008 Wimbledon final between the then top two players Federer and Nadal. No way there is a comparison between these two matches though, where the earlier one was a remarkable win by Nadal and this one is show cased the most uncharacteristic Nadal. I do not know the matter behind the scenes; Nadal stunned many including me with his an unseen side of him so far! By saying this I do not mean lessening the effort the world number one, Djokovic has put into. Honestly, both players weren’t fully into it unless for the first few games of every set and of course during the tie-breaker in the third set.

Nonetheless, it always feels good to congratulate the winner, here in this case the superb Serbian, Novak Djokovic. I’m yet to figure out the reason why I always have love for the loser, or it could be soft corner too. This time it is for my all time favorite, Rafa. I really hope to see him gaining his momentum all again. I’ve never earlier seen players addressing and congratulating the teams of their opponents in the after match ceremony, these two greats have done it today, that’s remarkable.

I’m yet to mention the most amusing result for me of all the matches since last two weeks of the championship, and that’s the win of the Australian player, Samantha Stosur, over the energetic Serena. Congratulations to her and as well as to Serena Williams who after the match said, “Six months back, in the hospital, I never thought I will be standing here” which eventually resulted in the cheering crowd.

Most of the times, I end up choosing the final as the match of the tournament as I watch finals the most, but here there is all different story it seems. I can not say how much disappointed I was for not watching the Semi final between Djokovic and Federer. It goes without saying, which is the match of the tournament, for me. A lot to learn from the way Djokovic came back and also from the way Federer lost the rhythm towards the end.

Farewell, for the last Grand Slam of this year.

6 comments:

Rià said...

I dont follow tennis so i cant give my views on this post.

KParthasarathi said...

Pramoda,
I missed the finals of both men and women.Both Nadal and Djokovic are talented players.Nadal has lost prior to this 5 matches against Djokovic and I didn't any different result.But without distracting from the merit of the champion,Nadal is a gifted player and is always a delight to watch.
Federer has aged and in tennis age matters.I think the stage will be occupied for some years by the great two Nadal and Djokovic.

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hi Ria.. its ok yar... :) glad that u r here..;)

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hi partha uncle, ohh, u couldn't? i was thinking abt u , since u are in US..:)

anyway... yeah, that was a grt tournament..;) I still feel Fed has got something still..:) lets see.. it will be grt to see all top 4 players in their best forms ..:)

:) Prams

kaykuala said...

Tennis I find to be therapeutic. Not too fast as football nor too slow like bowling. But it can still provide thrills especially the tie-breakers!

Hank
(thanks for dropping by)

Pramoda Meduri said...

@ Kaykaula

Hi, yeah, i like tie breakers too:) they r lot of fun and thrill..)

Thanks ya..