Sep 13, 2021

Kids and the inconvenient music - ParenthoodDiaries #23

My kids were watching a YouTube video and I was in kitchen. They suddenly started calling me, making annoyed faces. I went and saw that there was a troubling background music being played in the video, while showing an elephant eating food. Then I did put the TV on mute and they started watching the video comfortably. After few seconds I did unmute, and they started making faces again.

This made me recall my own experience, as to how I would mute the audio at times while watching horror movies. Some of you might recall similar experiences of yours.
I thought I had found out a way to watch horror movies. But today I realized that it's just a natural instinct to fear less with no audio. And that's why music directors contribute so much in a horror movie's successful run.

No comments: